To obtain hitched in Nova Scotia, you’ll want a wedding Licence before a marriage is had by you ceremony. The licence is legitimate for three months through the date it is released.
You must have a wedding Licence to have hitched in Nova Scotia. You’ll need the licence just before have actually a wedding ceremony.
Having a wedding licence does not suggest you’re married. This means you’re permitted to get hitched. The licence is legitimate for a few months through the date it is granted.
You are able to opt for a spiritual or ceremony that is civil.
A spiritual agent that you choose may perform the ceremony that is religious. The representative requirements to be registered with Vital Statistics.
A justice regarding the comfort or judge may perform the ceremony that is civil they’re registered with Vital Statistics.
You have to have 2 people that are at the very least 16 years old witness the ceremony.
Certification of wedding
At the time of the ceremony, your representative that is religious associated with comfort or judge can give you a memento certification. This document isn’t appropriate evidence of wedding.
After a wedding is registered, you are able to submit an application for a formal wedding certification, that will be appropriate evidence of wedding.
Engaged and getting married outside Nova Scotia
If you are likely to get hitched outside of Nova Scotia, you will need to contact the jurisdiction in which the wedding service takes location for certification and enrollment needs.
You will get hitched in Nova Scotia if you’re 19 or older and never presently hitched. You’ll need a signed permission type if you’re 17 or 18. You can’t get married if you’re 16 or more youthful.
Both individuals engaged and getting married need certainly to finish the Marriage Licence Application and Affidavit Form. The Affidavit Form should be witnessed by an agent that is authorized. If both events aren’t offered to use in individual, contact Vital Statistics. You’ll apply for a licence and obtain hitched in Nova Scotia even although you don’t reside in the province.
Just how to use
- Browse Access Nova Scotia or A deputy issuer of marriage Licences in your community.
- Complete the application type form you’ll get.
- Check out the application for information on all required supporting papers.
- Include payment along with your application.
- Provide your finished application, supporting papers and re payment into the Deputy Issuer.
- The Deputy Issuer gives you a wedding Licence.
- Provide your wedding Licence to your religious agent, justice regarding the comfort or judge prior to the wedding service.
Just how long it requires
You really need to have the licence straight away. It could take more time if more details becomes necessary or if your kind hasn’t been filled in properly.
re Payment choices
Visa, MasterCard, American Express, debit card, cheque, cash purchase, money. a money or cheque purchase should really be made payable towards the Minister of Finance. re Payment choices can vary greatly dependent on the method that you use.
Before you begin
Ensure you have actually:
- Signed piece of government-issued identification and proof of age for both social people engaged and getting married
- evidence of divorce proceedings if chaturbate.adult either individual engaged and getting married is divorced (Certificate of Divorce or Decree Absolute), together with the affidavit
- evidence of death if either individual engaged and getting married is widowed
- written permission of one’s moms and dads or guardians, if required (the Deputy Issuer gets the required forms that are consent
Connect with get hitched at a Registry workplace
In the event that you plan to get hitched at a Registry Office, at the very least a thirty days prior to the ceremony, both you and your partner must go to a job interview and lodge a Notice of Intended Marriage. The Notice continues to be legitimate for as much as eighteen months.
It is possible to lodge your Notice and book a consultation to wait a job interview at:
- Chippendale Registry Workplace
- Parramatta Registry Workplace
- Wollongong Provider Centre.
- The age that is marriageable 18 years. If somebody, maybe maybe not yet 18, wants to marry just before their birthday that is 18th a court empowered to offer a ‘Section 12’ order can provide authority for the wedding to be solemnised.
- 2 individuals aged under 18 years aren’t allowed to marry one another.
- A Notice of Intended wedding could be lodged ahead of the birthday that is 18th provided that the wedding does occur following the birthday celebration.
Things you need
- the PDF kinds:
- ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’
‘Registry Marriage & Certificate Application’.
Note: Photocopies of documents aren’t accepted.
How exactly to use
- Look at the eligibility demands.
- Download and complete: a. Notice of Intended Marriage – PDFb. Registry Marriage & Certificate Application – PDF.
- Gather together the necessary documents.
- Find the ‘Book a consultation’ switch.
- Enter the needed information.
- Attend your chosen registry workplace or your Wollongong Service Centre visit.
- Lodge your Notice and applications with re payment, and verify the time and date for the ceremony.
- A Notice of Intended Marriage is legitimate for up to eighteen months.
- The lodgement cost is non-refundable.
- If you would like assist in making plans for your Registry wedding ceremony, complete the online Wedding scheduling kind, additionally the Registry can get in touch with you.
re re Payment techniques
It is possible to review deal payment choices on our re payment techniques web page.